Too cute to eat...
Monday, November 27, 2006
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Friday, November 17, 2006
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Saturday, November 11, 2006
- If you are getting hamsters its best not to buy them them a plastic cage as they may chew it.
- The hamsters native habitat is the deserts of Asia.
- In the wild hamsters burrows can be up to 2 metres deep.
- Hamsters babies are called puppies.
- Hamsters are colour blind.
- A human year is 25 hamster years.
- Hamsters got their name from the German word Hamstern which means to hoard.
- Hamsters can eat almost anything.
- Hamsters are great escape artists.
- Hamsters can drink milk as long as it doesn't go sour.
- A hamsters gestation period can last for 16 to even 30 days.
- Golden (Syrian) Hamsters originated from the Middle Eastern Country Of Syria.
- Djungarian Hamsters are located on the steppes of Russia.
- Djungarian hamsters are also known as Cambells Dwarfs and are the most common dwarf species.
- Hamsters are allergic to Cedar.
- Male hamsters are called Bucks and females Does.
- Hamsters can only see up to six inches in front of them.
- Hamsters are nocturnal meaning they sleep during the day and are active during the night.
Friday, November 10, 2006
Thursday, November 09, 2006
This is Prada. She's a pudding dwarf hamster of the softest peach. Reminds us of an Ah Bo Ling – a chinese gooey doughy peanut ball. But watch out! She's a bit of a fiesty bitch and will nip a finger or two...thought she hasn't bitten me yet. Maybe she knows I can be a bigger one! :p