Twas the night before Christmas
When all through the house
Not a creature was stirring
Not even a mouse...
Just a couple of Happy Hoppy Hamsters! Wee!
Have a Happy Happy Joy Joy Christmas!!
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Monday, November 27, 2006
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Friday, November 17, 2006
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Saturday, November 11, 2006
- If you are getting hamsters its best not to buy them them a plastic cage as they may chew it.
- The hamsters native habitat is the deserts of Asia.
- In the wild hamsters burrows can be up to 2 metres deep.
- Hamsters babies are called puppies.
- Hamsters are colour blind.
- A human year is 25 hamster years.
- Hamsters got their name from the German word Hamstern which means to hoard.
- Hamsters can eat almost anything.
- Hamsters are great escape artists.
- Hamsters can drink milk as long as it doesn't go sour.
- A hamsters gestation period can last for 16 to even 30 days.
- Golden (Syrian) Hamsters originated from the Middle Eastern Country Of Syria.
- Djungarian Hamsters are located on the steppes of Russia.
- Djungarian hamsters are also known as Cambells Dwarfs and are the most common dwarf species.
- Hamsters are allergic to Cedar.
- Male hamsters are called Bucks and females Does.
- Hamsters can only see up to six inches in front of them.
- Hamsters are nocturnal meaning they sleep during the day and are active during the night.
Friday, November 10, 2006
Thursday, November 09, 2006
This is Prada. She's a pudding dwarf hamster of the softest peach. Reminds us of an Ah Bo Ling – a chinese gooey doughy peanut ball. But watch out! She's a bit of a fiesty bitch and will nip a finger or two...thought she hasn't bitten me yet. Maybe she knows I can be a bigger one! :p